steel & engineering
a business of steel
Sizwe Sechaba invests heavily both financially and practically in the engineering and steelwork industries.
We offer unique solutions to clients’ requirements based on sound and solid industry best practice.
Sizwe Sechaba are proud to provide custom developed services and strategies managed by a skillful and knowledgeable team.
what we do
A top military and locomotive fabricator based in South Africa, recognized for our timeous delivery and quality precision work.
We are committed to customer satisfaction and service excellence. These expectations are achieved through continued improvement of skills, technology, quality and 14 years worth of experience. Processes are driven by integrity, teamwork and responsibility towards the environment and socio-economical development.
We offer the following factual value add-ons in association with our partners
- We are a registered BEE organisation – Level 4.
- We are certified by the SABS to ISO 9001 – LS4551.
- Our CNC (Computer Numerical Control) WaterJet and Plasma Cutting Machines cut with no heat affected zone, on an accuracy of 0.1mm, and have no effect on the molecule structure of the material, an advantage when producing armoured plate for military use.
- The WaterJet’s cutting ability is not restricted to steel, but includes tiles, glass and wood, to name a few.
- We have CNC lathes and CNC machining centres, of which, all are able to do 3D milling and turning.
- All fabrications are made in-house and we are not reliant on external suppliers, ensuring that products are correct and completed on time.
- Products are guaranteed to be of the highest quality.
- Our Oxyfuel cutting machine enables us to manufacture parts faster and more precisely than our competitors, especially advantageous when cutting large precision parts.
- We are currently in the process of procuring new machines for CNC Pipe Bending, CNC Press Brake and CNC Horizontal.
- We are looking into getting a Laser Cutter, the advantages being:
- Clean cut edges without burr or dust formation.
- Cutting of extremely fine contours and practically radius-free inner edges.
- Low thermal influence, i.e., no delamination.
- No material deformation due to contactless material processing.
- High level of precision and positional accuracy of the cut edges due to automatic recording.
|FOCUS AREA||MATERIAL||UP TO LENGTH/THICKNESS|
|Fabrication||All Steel and Alloys|
|Military Spec. Fabrication and Machining||All Steel and Alloys|
|Locomotive and Wagon spec. Fabrication and Machining||All Steel and Alloys|
|Friction Welding||Round Bar|
|Mig (C02) Welding||300WA
|CNC Water Jet Cutting||MILD STEEL
|CNC High Definition Plasma||MILD STEEL
|CNC Oxycutter||MILD STEEL
|CNC Lathe – Precision Turning (3D)||All|
|CNC Maching Centre – Precision Milling (3D)||All|
|CNC Pipe Bending||MILD STEEL
|Ø 80x4mm (wt.)
Ø 80x2mm (wt.)
Ø 80x4mm (wt.)
|Guillotining||MILD STEEL||8mm x 2000 lg.|
|Bending||MILD STEEL||25mm x 1000 lg.
12mm x 2500 lg.
|Certified CNC Programming||Asper
our partnerships allow us to facilitate
Steel Service Divisions
- Detail Design drawings (Inventor, Strucad, AutoCAD)
- High Definition Plasma Cutting (13 x 4m Bed)
- Profile Cutting (6 x 3m Bed) cut up to 500mm
- Laser Cutting
- Rolling (Plate Work and Structural Sections)
- Structural Steel Service (Beam Drilling, Saw Cutting and Preparation of Structural Steel Sections)
- Liner Plate Dervice (Detail, Supply, Cut and Drill on all Liner Wear Plates – 400, 500, etc.)
- Civil Supply Service (Cast in Plates, Chutes and Angles)
- Specialised Fabrication (Fabrication of Plate Work, Chutes, Tanks, in Mild and Stainless Steel)
- Mild Steel – CQ, 300WA S355J, 400, 500, etc.
- Stainless Steel – 3cr12, 304, 309, 316, etc.
- Special Steels – Aluminium, etc.
- Industrial Suppliers
- Roads and Earthworks
- Transformer Manufacturers
- Truck & Body Builders
- Steel Merchants
- Earthmoving Equipment Manufacturers