sizwe-mining

mining

end to end solutions

shutterstock_82837027

Sizwe Sechaba Mining is a 100% black owned South African company providing engineering, technical and processing end-to-end solutions to the mining sector and its related industries.

From identifying investment opportunities through to implementation and trade, we offer ongoing plant support to ensure the optimal operation of processing plants, facilitate rock and mineral crushing and supply services in the minerals beneficiation process.

partnering for success

shutterstock_111385484

We are involved in, but not ,limited to, the mining of Platinum Group Metals which include Platinum, Manganese, Magnatite, Hematite Chrome, Ferro Chrome, Coal and Iron Ore.

We are committed to compliance and world class sustainability practices and our business adheres to the current environmental legislation of South Africa and co-operates with all relevant regulators and government departments.

Our Management of the Mine Development Process includes

  • Scouting for opportunities.
  • Acquisition of rights (prospecting and mining).
  • Resource and reserve development (exploration and sign off).
  • Environmental impact assessments and certifications.
  • Feasibility studies and the facilitation of funding.
  • Detailed design and engineering plans.
  • Procurement and construction management.
  • Commissioning and hand-overs.
  • Aligning all relevant skills and services to ensure success.

Sizwe Sechaba Mining is a shareholder in Kalahari Resources, which in turns holds a 40% shareholding in Kalagadi Manganese, together with the IDC (10%) and Arcelormittal (50%).

The Kalagadi Manganese project in the Kalagadi Manganese Basin is a world-renowned source of manganese ore and contains 80% of the world’s known manganese.
SSM have been instrumental in the development of a manganese mine, beneficiation plant and sinter complex in Hotazel (Northern Cape Province) and a smelter complex in Coega (Eastern Cape Province).

  • The mine will produce 3 million tons of ore per annum (37% Manganese)
  • The mine will be beneficiated into 2.4 million tons of sinter per annum (46% Manganese)
  • Of this 1.7 million tons will be available for direct export 700 000 Tons will be used at the smelter to produce Ferro-manganese